Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Stuffed Peppers


My Boyfriend loves my stuffed peppers. That is great because it is the one recipe that I do on my own. It is a great way to use up leftover taco meat too. I don't use exact measurments for the seasonings just to taste.


Ashley's Stuffed peppers


3 Bell Peppers

1lb ground beef (or turkey)

1 bag of boil in a bag rice (I can't make good rice otherwise)

1 8oz can of tomato sauce

salt

pepper

onion chopped

minced garlic

garlic salt

crushed red pepper flakes


1. Cook the ground beef in a skillet with onions and garlic. Sprinkle with garlic salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

2. While meat is cooking boil the rice.

3. Cut the top of the peppers off and clean out the seeds. Then cut them in half and put on a microwavable safe plate. Microwave for about 2 minutes. Place in baking pan or on baking sheet when they are done.

4. Once the meat and rice are done combine them in a bowl. Add the tomato sauce. Mix together. Add more seasonings to your liking.

5. Fill the pepper halves. Once filled place in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until pepper tenderness is to your liking.


No comments: