Friday, August 1, 2008

Green Beans with Soul


I love green beans, my BF not so much. He loves bacon though so when I saw this recipe over at Adventures in Home Cooking I knew it was for us. We loved them and they will become a staple in my house.

Green Beans, Slow-Cooked with Bacon and Onions
Source: Angie at Adventures in home Cooking

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 to 6 slices bacon, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
3 pounds fresh green beans
2 quarts chicken stock or water
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Heat a heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat. Add the olive oil, bacon, and onions and cook until the onion is soft, about 5 to 10 minutes.

Stir in the green beans and chicken stock; season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to low, and cook the green beans until they are soft but not mushy, about 30 to 45 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serves 4 to 6.

2 comments:

~Amber~ said...

I bet these were awesome!!! I love green beans and cooking them in the slow-cooker is an awesome idea.

Len@Dentiste Cadieux et Langevin said...

Me too..My favorite meal!